Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Back! (Try #2)

Life is still keeping us busy and hopefully I'll be better at writing down all the fun experiences we've been having. I'll skip a lot of important things for now (Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, etc.) and write about our anniversary!

Yep, it's been 1 year since we got married! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I love being married and I love Bryan more and more each day. I am so grateful to have such a kind, loving husband. From March 10-March 31 Bryan and I cared for 2 boys while their parents were out of the country. I'll leave that for another post, but it made our anniversary (March 20) all the more special because we were able to drop them off with their grandparents for a much needed 24 hour break!

As soon as we left the boys on Saturday (March 19) I found that Bryan was waiting for me with 2 dozen red roses. I love flowers- they make me feel so special...and I was thrilled. We went to finish last minute packing but Bryan didn't seem in much of a hurry. He sat down at the piano, started fidgeting, and acted extremely nervous. I even asked him if he was going to propose again. I think that was the last time I saw him this nervous! He began to play the piano and his hands were shaking. Now my husband does not play the piano- but he bought the music to Jessica's Theme from the movie The Man from Snowy River and has been driving to his mom's in Sandy every week for over a month so that she could help him learn the song. And because he doesn't really read music- he memorized it. How amazing is that!? I cried the first time he played it for me and I still think it was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever been given, especially knowing the amount of effort that went into it.

After leaving we went to the Draper temple to do sealings. It was so neat to be in the same temple we were married in and to be reminded of the promises and blessings of an eternal marriage. The sealer was sweet and he shared with us that March 20 was also his anniversary and that of 2 of the apostles!



We stayed in the same hotel we spent our wedding night, but this time we had a lot more time to spend there relaxing as we didn't have to worry about waking up early to catch a plane! We also used some gift cards to Red Lobster and enjoyed a yummy meal! It feels nice to be pampered and extravagant every once in a while- definitely not the kind of thing poor newly weds can do on a regular basis..

After dinner Bryan gave me another special gift- we went to the mall and I got to make a build-a-bear. The only other one I have he gave to me when he proposed and he thought our first wedding anniversary would be a good occasion to mark with another animal but that it would be more fun if I got to pick it out. Oh my goodness I was like a kid in a candy shop! I couldn't stop giggling- it was so much fun! No wonder kids like doing that so much. I kept it simple- a soft, cuddly bear with faded overalls and I love it!



We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday and made the most of every minute before we had to pick up the boys and go back to real life. What a wonderful 1st anniversary! I look forward to many more :) The only traditional thing we haven't done yet is try a piece of our wedding cake! I wonder if it will taste okay?? We'll have to find out sometime soon :)

4 comments:

  1. ahhh Ricci I was so glad to see a post from you!! I miss you!! I'm so glad you're happy and doing well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Glad you're back, and the bear is super cute! Maybe we'll have to take Kalianna as a special treat when she gets a new little sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! So glad you were spoiled on your special day!

    ReplyDelete