Saturday, July 25, 2009

Foz de Iguacu

Foz de Iguacu was one of the most amazing natural wonders I've ever seen. I'm already looking forward to going back!

We had quite the time getting to Foz. It's a long bus ride to begin with, but then we had bus trouble and ended up staying at one stop for a few hours. We watched the movie Bolt from beginning to end and never moved. The bus we got for the last leg of our journey looked like it belonged in the 60s and made for quite the adventure. Obviously the main part of this study abroad is being in Brazil, but I'm grateful for the people I've met and the fun random memories we've made together. I don't know if you really know someone until you spend hours and hours and hours and hours(you get the idea) on the bus with them.

Our first day in Foz de Iguacu we went to the Brazilian Falls and Itaipu. The falls were beautiful. As we hiked closer, every new view was slightly different and more beautiful than the first. On the Brazilian side you end up getting quite close and as a result pretty sprayed.

Itaipu is a Dam on the border of Brazil and Paraguay that gives Paraguay over 90% of it's energy and Brazil around 20% of it's energy. It's one of the most powerful dams in the world. We traveled there after the falls and lunch, went on a basic tour and had fun playing around in masks and hard hats...okay, I'll be honest, the masks were a pain. But it was neat to go and now I can say I've been to Paraguay too!

I'll write more soon about the Argentine side...that was the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment