Monday, May 24, 2010

Surprise Celebration!

I graduated from BYU with my bachelor's degree about a month ago. My mom was in town to help me celebrate, but Bryan was working on his last week of school, which included finishing up an online class that he had barely started the week before. I was pretty bummed because graduating from college is a big deal and Bryan wasn't really able to help me celebrate. He came to the convocation ceremony, but then went straight home to continue studying while I went out to dinner with my mom and grandparents.

Anyways, Bryan promised to make it up to me, which takes us to this past Friday. I woke up to Bryan jumping out of bed in a hurry to get to work. I knew he was running late so I got up to make him a lunch and he told me not to worry about it. He left and I got back into bed, and for some reason I was so sad! I never like it when he leaves in the morning, but this morning I actually started crying (I know, crazy girl) and kept sending him texts. He promised me that he would be home before I knew it and I told him to hurry.

Well, 10 minutes later I hear the door open and I yelled to make sure it was actually Bryan. He walks back in with flowers for me and gets back in bed to snuggle for a few. I had completely forgotten that Bryan had the Friday off!!! He ran to the store to get stuff to make me a yummy breakfast plus a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We spent a wonderful lazy morning at home and then we went to get a couples massage (that was my next big surprise)!! We really wanted to get one on our honeymoon on the cruise ship, but we knew it would be tons cheaper someplace at home. It was amazing...I hope one day I'll be able to get one again. It was so relaxing.

After our massage we ran some errands, I got a much needed hair trim, and just enjoyed being together. That evening Bryan took me out to dinner and we went to Los Hermanos. It was yummy and I finished our meal off with a churro- the first one I've had since Brazil and even though it wasn't as good as the ones I had there it was still really yummy. Then we watched a movie at home and relaxed. It was a great day!

Isn't my husband wonderful? I felt so special and loved and completely surprised. And I certainly forgive Bryan for not being able to help me celebrate when I actually graduated :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwww! That is super sweet! Who knew my brother was such a sweetheart? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricci! This post actually brought a little tear to my eye! When we were first married, I would always get so sad when Todd left and I couldn't figure out why! Who knew I was so attached?! ;)
    I have to say that almost my favorite thing about being married is that we're able to snuggle! It's the world's greatest comfort! Bryan has always known how to make you the happiest girl in the world!
    The best way to spend the day is to wake up with your hunny, eat yummy breakfast, relax, run errands together, relax, eat a yummy dinner, and then watch a good movie and fall asleep in their arms! Just to wake up and do it all over again! Geesh! I love it!

    The bottomline is that I love reading your blog, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! I hope all is well!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute :) What a wonderful husband you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ricci. I love the surprise post. Thanks.I have read it everyday. I would like a pretty picture of your face. :)
    Shayla and Ellie

    ReplyDelete