Monday, April 12, 2010

Married Life

The past three weeks of married life have been fantastic (minus getting sick)- here's a recap...

Week 1: We were on our honeymoon. We went on a cruise that left out of L.A. and visited 3 ports in Mexico. I'll write more about that and add some pictures later. The boat made me a little sick, but we had a blast and it was so nice to not have anything to worry about!

Week 2: We attempted to get back to real life and also get our apartment in order. We took back a few gifts, opened and put away others...unpacked suitcases and jumped back in to school and work. The apartment is coming together- the main problem area now is the spare room we've been throwing everything into, and that's going to be my next project. We're especially proud of our bathroom and it feels good to have it all pretty and decorated (and organized!). It feels wonderful to call Bryan's apartment "our apartment" and to no longer have to say good-bye and drive home every night. Instead I get to fall asleep and wake up next to my best friend.

Week 3: This week was a little interesting. (Refer to previous post). Getting an awful stomach virus is not a great way to start off a marriage, but Bryan was caring and sweet as always. He took good care of me and was patient with my complaints. I couldn't have asked for better than him.

After feeling better though, this past weekend was great! Well, except for the fact that we hardly got any homework done. We're going to pay for that this week! Friday I got to hang out with Kristine and the boys and it was fun to just chill and spend some time outside in the sun. Then I met Bryan at home and we went on our first official date as a married couple! We went to Macaroni Grill for dinner and then to the Provo temple. It was a neat experience for me, being my first time back since our sealing.

Saturday morning we woke up to a gorgeous day and went to Bryan's cousin Gabe's baptism. Afterward we borrowed Bryan's dad's motorcycle and went for a ride and got some ice cream. It felt so nice to be out for a ride and I could tell that Bryan felt right at home. Now that the weather is getting warmer it's killing him to not have his own bike. At home after dinner we watched a movie before bed.

Sunday was our first time going to our new ward! Everyone was very welcoming and I think we both enjoyed it, but being in a family ward again is definitely different from campus singles wards! Sacrament is quite a bit noisier- but I think I like it that way...most of the time :)

After a wonderful spring weekend it's now back to work, school, and preparing for finals. But, hopefully we'll still have some fun. Tuesday is my last day of class and Wednesday is my birthday! Now about that paper I'm supposed to turn in today....

No comments:

Post a Comment