Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our First Easter....not quite what we were expecting

I know there's a lot of very important things I need to blog about, such as my wedding and honeymoon, but the last week was so full of adventure that I have to get it written down. (sorry I'm kinda lengthy in my description...)

The weekend started off wonderfully enough...Friday (4/2) we celebrated our (it's fun to be able to say that) niece Kalianna's first birthday at Bryan's parents. It was an Old McDonald theme because she loves that song. Bryan won bubbles for getting the highest score on the chicken game (Wii fit) and I tied with Miquelle in "guess how many toy cows are in the jar." Bryan and I gave Kali her very first cabbage patch doll- a tradition in my family for the first birthday.

Saturday Bryan and I slept in and woke up just in time for General Conference to start. We had yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast and spent the day listening to the counsel of the general authorities and cleaning our apartment. We ran some errand on the way back to Bryan's parents so that Bryan could go to the Priesthood session with his dad, and I could hang out with the girls. We ordered Chinese food and enjoyed entertaining Kali.

On our way home Bryan and I ran by Target for a few things. Okay, picture this- we were both pretty tired and somewhat goofy/grumpy (weird combination, but true). Bryan's lower back has been hurting him, but the pain shoots down his leg so he was hobbling around complaining about his hurt bum. We finally made it to the checkout stand and I proceeded to drop a jar of decorative stones that broke open and went everywhere. It was the icing on the cake that Bryan couldn't even bend over to help me pick them up.

Sunday we enjoyed more conference and the fun of Easter. We had a family tradition of Bryan's for Easter breakfast and then worked to get everything ready for Easter dinner. We invited over Stacy, Matt and Kali, and Seth and Julie. We even got out our new set of dishes and silverware! Julie and Seth showed up a little early to drop some stuff off, but let us know they weren't staying because Julie wasn't feeling well. Stacy, Matt, and Kali arrived a little late, but also didn't stay long after Matt threw up. So- we sat down to Easter dinner by ourselves. We just thought it was really funny and felt bad that everyone was getting sick. It was a yummy dinner and a relaxing night.

Then the real fun began- 4am Monday morning I woke up throwing up and spent the rest of the day miserable and out of it with a yucky stomach bug. Bryan was wonderful and stayed home to take care of me. It was a bad day, but at least I know my husband is a better nurse to the sick than my mom was growing up. We found out that Stacy and Matt only made it to Bryan's parents because Matt was feeling so bad and by the next morning Liz, Theresa, Matt, and Stacy were all sick with this yucky bug, along with me and Josh.

Tuesday passed with Bryan back at work, but me still sticking to the house. Wednesday morning Bryan woke up at 4am throwing up but luckily the rest of the day he felt pretty good. And we found out his dad ended up with it too...then Friday Ian woke up with it. This stinkin' virus pretty much took out the whole family!

Quite the way to start off a marriage huh? The first bad stomach bug I've had in years. Who knows how we all got it, but it's a good thing I love Bryan's family, otherwise I might swear off family party's!! Well at least it makes for a good story now that everyone's feeling better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment